Since its formation over 15 years ago FE Sussex has delivered a vast range of education quality improvement related consultancy services and projects. Theses projects have been delivered on both a local and national basis. Recent activities of work undertaken on behalf of other organisations include:
- Driving success in maths and English
- Developing on-line resources for middle manager training
- Introducing digital learning technologies
- Strategies for quality improvement
- Bid writing and editing on behalf of other consortia companies
- Preparing for Ofsted
- Devising and writing strategies for college International Operations
- Quality improvement for adult and community education provider
- Lesson observation and assessment of teacher performance
- Organisation and delivery of complete mock Ofsted inspections
The expertise and experience gained by FE Sussex is available to external colleges and organisations.
Staff used to deliver projects all work regularly with FE Sussex and have many years’ experience in further and higher education. Where required, there are practicing Ofsted Inspectors are deployed.
CVs of all our consultants are available on request. Our recent client list includes:
- Weymouth College
- Association of College South East (AOSEC)
- West Sussex County County Council Adult and Community Learning
- Colleges of Excellence, Saudi Arabia
- Eastleigh College
- Fareham College
- Kent county Council Adult and Community Learning
- The Education and Training Foundation
- Department for Education
- Skills Funding Agency
- Learning Futures
Examples of project work
Ofsted Inspection preparation: Our aim is to assist colleges in ensuring they have a full and realistic picture of how they are likely to perform when externally inspected. Typically, over a three of four day period our consultancy (who are practicing inspectors) will deliver the equivalent of an Ofsted inspection. The outcome will be a report on what has been seen together with an action plan which focuses on areas for improvement.
The above can include Independent Lesson Observations if required.
Inspection procedure workshops: We have, for several years, delivered short (up to 3hrs) workshops the aim of which is to brief staff on the mechanics of the inspection process.
English and maths – getting it right: Extensive research results into how outcomes in English and maths can be improved. Areas covered include good and bad practice, attendance improvement, timetabling for success, the use of learning technology and contextualisation of maths and English in vocational classes.
International Development Consultancy: We have an extensive range of expertise in international development for colleges. Recent projects include:
- Assistance to college applying for Tier 4 status to enable them to recruit and teach full cost international students
- Contact with overseas government embassies for the purpose of awareness raining and recruitment
- Consultancy on technical and vocational education and training projects
- International department budget setting and monitoring
- Interim management of college international operations
Adult and Community Learning: Quality improvement post Ofsted inspection. Areas of expertise include:
- Curriculum and quality
- Leadership and management structures
- Post-inspection action plans
Share Services: FE Sussex was instrumental in setting up the shared serviced operation of Sussex and Surrey colleges which operates under the name SISSC Ltd.
For more information
Please contact Tim Strickland on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 892123.