Current projects commissioned to FE Sussex
Support for New Governance – funded by the ETF
The purpose of this national project is to provide one free of charge day of consultancy (with paid follow-up if required) support to 200 principals of GFE, SFC and ACL colleges and CEOs of Independent Training Providers (ITPs). The project is being managed on behalf of the ETF by Plumpton College and FE Sussex. To register for free consultancy please click here.
First Line Managers Research – funded by the ETF
On behalf of the ETF, FE Sussex is currently undertaking research into a new training programme for First Line Managers. All colleagues across the sector are invited to participate in this research, the aim of which is to identify the titles of modules which will comprise the training programme. Please click the link below for further details.
Improving Mathematics in Vocational Education (IMIVE) – funded by DfE directly to FE Sussex
Delivered across Kent, Sussex and Surrey, the IMIVE project is a partnership between colleges and Training Providers to facilitate a step change in the teaching methodologies and resources used to deliver GCSE mathematics to post-16 vocational learners. The effectiveness of these changes will manifest themselves as improvements in learner GCSE outcomes.
The outcomes of the project are:
Workshops – Presentation and handouts from the workshops:
- Referral to the Leading GCSE mathematics and English for post-16 learners website.
- One is for Governors/Leaders and Managers and the other is for practitioners/teachers for Maths and English.
- Each toolkit consists of twelve self-assessment questions. Depending on the response to the self-assessment the user is provided with a suggested action plan.
- Please click GCSE-capability-Toolkit-Governors-Managers-31.03.16 for the Governors/Leaders and Managers toolkit.
- Please click GCSE-capability-Toolkit-Practitioners-V3-31.03.16 for the Practitioners/Teachers of Maths and English toolkit.
Professional Exchange Networks (PEN 1) – funded by the ETF via Plumpton College
The PEN (Professional Exchange Networks) project covers the South East Region of, Essex, Kent, Sussex and Surrey. The aim is to develop and facilitate Professional Exchange Networks (PENs) which are accessible, cost effective, locally relevant, teacher needs focused and build on previous work.
Professional Exchange Networks (PEN 2) – funded by the ETF via Eastleigh College
The PEN 2 project covers a selection of Hampshire Colleges. The aim is to develop and facilitate Professional Exchange Networks (PENs) which are accessible, cost effective, locally relevant, teacher needs focused and build on previous work.
GCSE capability: Leadership and Governance to support English and maths – funded by the ETF via Plumpton College