For many years FE Sussex has managed a large number of peer to peer professional development networks.
Professional Exchange Networks (PENs) aim to bring together staff from similar disciplines, vocational areas or generic areas such as teaching and learning across a range of participating colleges. The objective of these meetings are:
- To establish and further develop two-county wide professional exchange networks
- To provide peer group CPD to staff
- the facilitation of peer to peer CPD between staff across colleges
- to introduce and reinforce the use of Professional Standards
- to position groups to become self-sustaining
- to provide staff the opportunity to engage with external experts
PEN subject areas for 2021/22
- Maths and English (Sussex)
- Maths and English (Hampshire)
- Quality Improvement
- Examination Officers
- International Managers
The format of PEN meetings
PEN meetings for the year 2021/22 will be held online using the Zoom platform. The average length of a meeting is up to 60 minutes unless there is an external speaker – eg HMI.
Meetings will be facilitated by FE Sussex but to enhance group ownership each group will be required to identify colleagues to lead on identified initiatives relevant to that professional exchange.
The dates of PEN meetings
For details of all PEN meetings please visit https://www.fesussex.org.uk/
Please contact Tim Strickland email@example.com